Thursday, February 18, 2016

Blog 2: Perspective

Gales Perspective


Today was the reaping I woke up early to meet Catnip. I saw Catnip and started walking to her. When I was there with her I asked her to guess what I have shoot. I show her and she starts laughing. It was a piece of bread with an arrow in it. She took a bite of it and said, “Mm, still warm.” She asks me how much did it cost. I tell her “Just a squirrel. Think the old man was feeling sentimental this morning.” I say, “Even wished me luck.” “Well everybody seems a little bit closer today, don’t we?” Says Catnip. Catnip pulls up a cheese and says Prim left it for them. I say “Thank you, Prim. We’ll all have a real feast,” then I mimic Effie trinket and say “I almost forgot, Happy Hunger Games!” I pluck a few black berries. “And may the ods-,” I throw one of the blackberries to Catnip and she catches it and I started again, “-ever be in your favor.” She laughs and then I pull out a knife to cut the bread. I place goat cheese, a basil leaf, and berries on each piece of bread.

I tell her we can leave the district but she had a point why not to because if we leave who would take care of both of our family. We were the ones the hunted for them. Catnip says, “I never want to have kids,” I say “I might. If we didn’t live here,” She said irritated, “But you do.” “Forget about it,” I snap back. I just think how does talking about leaving turn into a conversation of having kids. Later she asks me what should we do now, I said, ”Let’s go fish at the lake.” We have a fair amount of fish. On our way home we stop at the hob, a black market. We trade the fish for good bread and salt. We see Madge and I tell her that she has a pretty dress. She looked at me not saying anything then she says. Well, if I end up going to the Capitol, I want to look nice, don’t I?”I got confused and I say, “You wont be going to the Capitol” I just think of how many entries she has. Later she tells Catnip “Good Luck.”

I go to the reaping. I’m hoping they don’t call someone I know. I’m looking at Effie trinket and Haymitch because he’s drunk and she thinks the Hunger games is some kind of funny battle. She laughs because she can’t play the games. I’m here bored when she’s trying to make jokes. She finally gets to choose a slip. When she says the name I looked at Prim and Catnip. “Why? I kept thinking in my head.” When Prim starts walking all I hear is “I volunteer,” “I volunteer as tribute.” It was Catnip. She grabs prim and pulls her out and I grab her so she won’t go to her. Then Catnip goes up the stage and Effie tells us to clap but we don’t. I Just see Catnip up there hooping she will win. I’m going to help her family while she’s not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment